Akshaya Vidya (AV) is a project of Ekalavya Foundation started in 2013 and is aimed at comprehensive development of slum Dwellers with special focus on Educational needs of children; employment opportunities of semi literate youth; health, hygiene and other social aspects of their living.
A particular mention may be made about educational and economic opportunities of the children of these slum dwellers. Since most of the slum dwellers are illiterate, making a living as daily wage labourers, are unable to take care of their children’s’ educational needs, Ekalavya Foundation has initiated AkshayaVidya Project in slums to help these children in getting quality educational support. According to one estimate there are about 1000+ slums in Greater Hyderabad Municipal area.
Ekalavya Foundation was established in 2006. It’s main thrust is enhancing the standard of living of tribal communities in Adilabad through sustained Developmental interventions.
In its 7 years of existence, Ekalavya Foundation has taken up many initiatives in the fields of Education, livelihoods and Health of people living in ITDA Utnoor. Many innovative and socially beneficial projects were taken up with active participation and cooperation of communities.
Quality education support to slum dwelling children and skill development to eligible youth enabling them to transform their lives for better. Wish to see slum residents improve their economic and social wellbeing by participating in modern and emerging economic opportunities and living with dignity and honour.
- Implementing appropriate interventions for continuation of schooling and quality education for slum children.
- Providing exposure to slum students on various modern educational and economic opportunities through Career Counseling, Meet the experts program etc.
- Creating Successful Role models within the community for others to get inspired and to follow the footsteps.
- Vocational training to youth, particularly girls & women.
- Creating awareness about health, hygiene and other social aspects of their living for better living conditions and opportunities.